1823 - 1860 (37 years)
||Rachel LOCKHART |
||7 Aug 1823
||, Rappahannock, Virginia, United States 
- 1) Tompsey Lockheart, age 65, born in Virginia.
2) John W. Lockheart, age 32, born in Virginia.
3) Rachel Lockheart, age 26, born in Virginia.
4) Margaret Stowers, age 50, born in Virginia.
5) Mary A.Showers, age 31, born in Virginia.
- Role: Household Member
||1850 U.S. Census
||21 Sep 1860
||Our Blended Family
||15 Sep 2013 |
||David LOCKHART, b. 1794, , , Virginia, United States , d. 14 Nov 1828, , , Virginia, United States (Age 34 years) |
||Tomsey JACKSON, b. 1785, , , Virginia, United States , d. Nov 1850, , , Virginia, United States (Age 65 years) |
||21 Apr 1812
||Madison, Madison, Virginia, United States [3, 4]
- She married David Lockheart. Their marriage license was filed on Apr 21, 1812 in Madison, Madison County, Virginia. He was born in Virginia and likely died prior to the 1830 census.
Their marriage license was recorded in an oath to the governor of Virginia:
"Know all men by these presents that one David Lockhart and Drury Jackson are held and firmly bound unto James Barbour Es. Governor of the Commonwealth of Virginia the just and full sum of one hundred and fifty dollars, to which payment well and truly to be made to the said governor and his successors in office, we bind ourselves and each of our heirs, executors and administrators jointly and severally firmly by these presents sealed with our seals and dated this 21st day of April 1812.
"The condition of the above obligation is such that whereas there is a Marriage, shortly intended to be solemnized between the above bound David Lockhart and Tomsey Jackson.
"Now if there be no lawful cause to obstruct the said marriage, then the above obligation to be void otherwise to remain in full favor and virtue.
"Signed David Lockhart and Drury Jackson (his mark)." 
||Lockhart, David Marriage Certificate.jpg
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- [S1068] Virginia, Rappahannock County - 1850 U.S. Census, Virginia, Rappahannock, (https://www.ancestry.com: National Archives and Records Administration, 2009), M432, roll 972, p. 147B, dwelling 877, family 877, Tompsey Lockheart household (Reliability: 3).
- [S1065] Find A Grave NEW, (http://www.findagrave.com: 2016), accessed 1 May 2017, Tomsey Jackson Lockheart, 32568500. (Reliability: 3).
- [S1056] MyHeritage Family Trees, MyHeritage.com [online database]. Lehi, UT, USA: MyHeritage (USA) Inc., (https://www.myheritage.com/research/collection-1/myheritage-family-trees), accessed 1 May 2017), Tomsey Lockhart (born Jackson) (Reliability: 3).
Swift Web Site, managed by Maggie Swift
Tomsey Lockhart (born Jackson)
Birth: 1785 - Virginia, United States
Death: Nov 1850 - Virginia, United States
Parents: Drury Jackson, Elizabeth Jackson (born Bryant)
Siblings: Deliah Stower (born Jackson), Delilah Jackson, Margaret Stower (born Jackson), Elizabeth Rodgers (born Jackson)
Husband: David Lockhart
Children: Tabitha Scott (born Lockhart), Drury Jackson Lockhart, Mary Ann Polly Jenkins (born Lockhart), Mary Ann Polly Jenkins (born Lockhart), Elizabeth Hill (born Lockhart), Rachel Lockhart, John W. Lockhart, Matilda May Scott (born Lockhart)
- [S1069] Virginia, Compiled Marriages, 1740-1850, Ancestry.com, ((https://www.ancestry.com : 1999)), accessed 1 May 2017), entry for Tomsey Jackson and David Lockhart wedding; Dodd, Jordan R., et al. Early American Marriages: Virginia to 1850. Bountiful, UT, USA: Precision Indexing Publishers. (Reliability: 3).